SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathrugg

Painting Trimwork--do I dare push?

cathrugg
16 years ago

As many of you know already, my house has honey oak doors/trim/windows and it makes me crazy. Paint and furniture choices just don't seem as easy as they would be if we had painted white trim.

DH is adamant against painting the wood for several reasons. 1 being the expense, 2 being the amount of work involved (esp. if we hired someone) and 3 being that hardly anyone on our street has this "upgrade" and it makes our house different from everyone elses.

But can I tell you, I HATE it. Yes, HATE it. We were rearranging furniture tonight and having a piece of "faux cherry" funiture between 2 honey oak trim doorways looks absolutely hideous and I wanted to cry.

DH also says once we paint everything white, we can't ever go back to the wood look. I was like ok, don't worry I won't want to!!!!

What do you all think? Am I just being difficult or do you all dislike the honey oak orange look?

Also, do you think I'd be stupid to only do it in one room and not another (for example, just our bedroom)?

And...if I actually convince him to do this, is it ok to have the wood windows and everything around them white?

Thanks for any suggestions and for "listening".

Cathrugg

Comments (80)