SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

small / tiny master bathroom needs help! pics

eldemila
14 years ago

I thought I posted here about this bathroom, can't seem to find it if I did, did a few searches to no avail...

We are under contract to purchase this late 1960's built home. The thing I hate about this house the most is the master bathroom. Besides it being totally outdated, it's the layout that bothers me more. As you can see below, the toilet is RIGHT at the doorway. The sellers removed the door and put in an ugly brown accordian door.

I want to switch the vanity location and the toilet location. I also would like to put in a glass shower enclosure, take half of that wall on the right down and put up glass (or would having it total glass be better?) so it will let in some light.

The bathroom is very small, so I can possibly make it a bit more luxurious since it is so small. But to move the plumbing, I'm sure that's going to be costly, though hopefully not too bad since it's on a crawlspace.

I think the existing vanity is 41" - would like to keep a vanity and not do a pedestal - need the storage space, but if needed, could probably due with a smaller vanity.

There's a wall heater, old, but works. Going to replace tile, remove that, or update it to a new one? If I remove it, I think I can get in a pocket door, but not sure. Any other suggestions - want a door, but not an accordian and a regular door will take up too much space.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and considered.

Thanks!

Comments (16)