SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polarprincess

Need help quick with performance of computer and recycle bin ??

polarprincess
14 years ago

I have been having serious issues with the speed and performance of my computer. My hard drive was full with no memory left and pages were taking forever to load and then loading in sections instead of a page at a time, and when i go to a website i always get the message this page cannot be displayed and i have to click refresh in order to load a webpage. So anyway, today finally i went through and spent about 7 hours deleting photos and files etc..and i was able to free up only 6% of my hard drive so i still have a long way to go. I noticed i am not even able to do a disk defrag properly until i have at least 15%.

So anyway... i also deleted temp files and cookies etc and

i still have my recycle bin full with all of these files which i know will clear a huge amount of space, but i am afraid to empty it because of this: I had an issue with my camera in which each time i uploaded new photos it uploaded everything in my camera and not just the new photos and so i ended up with many many duplicates of which today I tried to get rid of them all. Each set of duplicates has the same exact number such as 000_432 although they were in separate folders. So if i sent one of the duplicate photos into the recycle bin is the other photo in the other folder still ok? Or will it delete both of them?

And what can i do about the page not displayed thing? I am looking for a new updated computer but sure could use help trying to get this one functioning better for now. I only have this weekend to get most of this done so hoping for help quick!! thanks

Comments (13)