SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Semi-modern bathroom.. Tile is almost finished!!! Beautiful!!!

Stacey Collins
14 years ago

Our bathroom tile is almost finished!!! Bill is coming back today to finish grouting the floor, marble niches and shower floor, and curb, and grout the corners. It has been amazing to watch the transformation.

It's also been a difficult job. Bill has masterfully bent the will of the unruly glass tile to make it look perfect and beautiful. I NEVER could have done this myself -at least not to anywhere near the degree Bill did. I would have been in tears by day one, and it never would have looked the way I envisioned it. Bill's been wonderful... professional, respectful of our home, and very, very good at tiling! I know it was not a pleasant job.... I can now see how it must be so much easier working with larger format ceramic tile than these little glass buggers--- I will know NEXT TIME. But---- we're soooooo happy with how it turned out :)

The vanity is mahogany, toilet is Toto, faucets are Kohler Purist and Jado IQ... it's pretty modern but is within a cottage-y house, so we wanted it a little softer than a strictly "modern" bath.

Here are some almost-done pics..... I will post more when it's finished, and when the vanity and fixtures are in:

Here's the bathtub to the right-

and the tub niche (ungrouted) (floor will have light-colored grout)

Here's looking to the left, the toilet area and shower (will have a glass door and wall)

and shower niche area and windows (needs grout in the dark areas...)

Comments (64)