SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
infiniti_gw

New Construction - need help! Range venting

infiniti
15 years ago

Oh the wonders of building a new house. I have purchased the 48" Wolf Duel Fuel Range with 6 burners and a grill. The home construction was moving along great until the HVAC guys were figuring out how to vent the range. The house is in Wisconsin so it's pretty air tight and they advised I need an air exchange system to use a 900 or 1200 cfm fan. Wolf advised my contractor that a 900 cfm fan would be bare minimum and I can't go any less. I asked if I changed to the grill/griddle option and removed 2 burners if this would prevent the air exchange system, but they immediately said anything with a grill will need 900 cfm. It looks like the 48" range is out of the question for now, but they're even saying a 36" range top with 4 burners and a grill will not only need a 900 cfm fan, but an air exchange system. The cost of this system seem crazy and I would like to know if it's even necessary. Has anyone had to do this or know of anymore options? I really wanted the feature of the indoor grill and the ovens in one place not robbing any more cabinet space.

They suggested I could vent immediately out of the hood on the side of the house, but the subdivision did not approve this option as it would be "unsightly" due to the size of the vent.

Comments (7)