SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olivesmom_gw

New Construction kitchen needs help!

olivesmom
10 years ago

We are getting very close to dotting down on a semi custom new build. Right now we are waiting to find out the specific allowances and for a few changes to be ok'd.

Here is the kitchen and the floor plan.

House will be reversed

There are views out the rear windows and the corner kitchen window is placed to view Mt. rainier (supposedly anyway, I have yet to catch a glimpse of the mountain from the lot).

I know the kitchen is small and I know corner sinks aren't usually recommended. I'm open to changing the placement of appliances and such.

I am a SAHM to a 3.5 and 2 year old. I do all the cooking (and clean up) and I do a fair amount of it. I am okay with the kitchen being a one butt kitchen and wherever the range gets placed I want it in a spot where no one will likely get in my way.

I'm already considering moving the refrigerator to the "ovens" spot and maybe placing a small bar sink nex to it. I was then planning on moving sink the the DW spot (this would involve moving windows). Then I'd put the range on the wall to the right. That would leave the peninsula clear. WDYT?

I had wanted some large appliances. Like an all fridge/freezer and a 36" range or cooktop. I also really want the Kohler Stages 45. I'm not sure if any of those will fit. I did want a 36" bluestar range, but it is probably out of the budget. If I can't get an open burner range or cooktop then I want induction and in that case I'd like a 36" cooktop (unless the builder can get an awesome deal on that Viking induction range- he apparently has a resource to get discounted Viking appliances).

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm trying to figure out what will work and determine if it will fit within the allowances. Thanks!

Comments (11)