SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairie_love

cancer/chemotherapy gift basket

prairie_love
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

Although I contribute seldom to this forum, I remember seeing that some of you have gone through chemotherapy. In fact, I remembered the recommendation for ginger to help with nausea! A person at my place of work has colon cancer and is going through chemo right now. She is about a month into it and has three more months to go. She is nauseous, she is losing hair, her hands are becoming horribly chapped, she feels terrible. She is a bit older and lives by herself. She doesn't drive and she doesn't spend much money. I have taken up a collection to put together a gift basket for her (and will probably do so once a month) and wondered if you all could give me ideas for what to put in it.

Ginger drops if I can find them. Bag balm (heavy duty lanolin-based lotion for her hands), fleecy hats, a gift certificate for a wig (don't know if she'll use it, but at least it will be an option), fleecy blanket. What else would help her feel better?

We have also started a sign up list for people to give her rides to and from work. She usually rides the bus, but the bus stop is several blocks from her home and it is getting colder here.

I'd love to hear other ideas for the gift basket or just to make her life easier.

I hope it was not inappropriate to post this here and thanks so much,

Ann

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville