SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
owenrovadis

Avoid Liebherr at all costs!

owenrovadis
14 years ago

As a soon-to-be former Liebherr owner, I will never recommend Liebherr Refrigerators to anyone as from our personal experience their service is horrible and they do not take responsibility for their own products' failures and shortcomings. Case in point: Their door hinges on our 30" REF started failing within 6 months of installation. We have decorative panels on the appliance fronts but everything was done to their recommended specs yet the company tried to blame the hinge failure on the cabinet company! This would've been laughable except they left us in the lurch with a long drawn out fight for them to repair or replace the hinges! We are still waiting on an answer 3 months later!

In comparison, we have a 36" French Door Thermador fridge in our main kitchen upstairs and the hinges are clearly superior and much stronger than the Liebherr. We thought for our lower level kitchen we'd take a chance on a lesser cost Leiber built-in but were wary of the fact that they were relatively unknown in the US. We kick ourselves now for not sticking with our initial concerns. This is one case where I can say "you get what you pay for". We wish we would've spent a few more bucks and got something more reliable.

No - I do not work for a competitor or appliance company either! I just would like to share our bad experience to possibly help some folks considering a Liebherr refrigerator. To be fair, I do not have experience with any of their other products but if you want to be "penny wise and pound foolish" - Get yourself a Liebherr! Or better yet, want to buy a slightly used one for cheap?

Comments (21)