SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherilynn_gw

Question about Dual Fuel Ranges and those just now shopping

sherilynn
16 years ago

My 3 year old, top of the line Pro Grand Thermador 48' Dual Fuel Range is going to be replaced by the extended service contract and 'cashed out' because the contract company said they can no longer get the parts to fix the problematic burners. Whether or not this is true is not my concern. I am now going to get to buy a new range! AND it is my responsibility to 'get rid' of the range I have. The problems mostly stem from the five star burners, which need a potentiometer kit on the left side burners. Other than that, it works great. Anyone want a range? I'll make you a deal! someone wrote on this forum last week that the kit can be bought from Thermador, but the contract company won't buy from Thermador; which is not my concern either. I'll take a brand new stove without hesitation. :0)

The Thermador has so many features I like and want to 'know' if current shoppers or owners of ranges own a range with stainless steel under the burner 'drip pan' area? I do NOT want a range with porcelain. Been there, done that and my experience is that is turns color, bubbles, chips, crazes, and cracks.

Any opinions or leads to other ranges with ss drip pan areas?

Thank you,

Sheri Lynn

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comment