SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timothy_fisher95

Eternal questions: gas vs dual fuel, open vs sealed burners

Timothy Fisher
3 years ago

So I've searched, and searched, and searched, and really just managed to confuse myself...

To keep it brief, upgrading the stove that came with our new construction home. KitchenAid electric, good enough, but I've always wanted a gas range. So I set off to research, and all I've managed to do is confuse myself. There are some polarizing discussions out there surrounding:

Gas vs Duel Fuel

Open vs Sealed Burners

I'm considering either a GE (Profile or Cafe) Dual Fuel or a BlueStar/American Range All Gas.

I do all manner of cooking, baking, etc. Across all cuisines. I just like to cook, whether that's an involved 4-layer cake for wife's birthday, authentic pad thai, a French dish I can't pronounce but struck my fancy in Julia Child's masterpiece of a cookbook, six loaves of bread because quarantine....it spans the gamut.

So at this point, I'm just trying to see if there's any particular threads I missed that definitively point to either of the above options being better than the other for my varied style of cooking.

I'm an analysis-paralysis guy, and I like to do things right and only once - so I'm definitely paralyzed at this point. I've "decided" on which range probably 6 times over the last week. I'm no closer to a decision, but I know enough to understand the above questions are about as split down the middle in terms of answers as you can get. Maybe there is no consensus, and I just need to jump. Maybe I'm just looking for someone to tell me that?

Any and all advice/guidance would be GREAT! I haven't found many recent threads on these topics so maybe that's another reason I'm floundering. If there are up-to-date discussions on these, happy to read through them. And might I just add in that vein - I still despise Google for removing the "Discussions" button years ago. It was a godsend in times like these.

Thanks all!

Tim

Comments (23)