SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Pant rant

lpinkmountain
15 years ago

I was at the mall for FIVE hours yesterday, shopping for pants. That's as long as Arlo Guthrie spent at the induction center in the song "Alice's Restaurant," and I was having about as much fun. I have put on some weight, plus I have just not been into the current styles of pants, so I noticed that once I put away my summer and fall capris, I have almost no pants. I've been waiting and waiting for "straight leg" to come back in style. Well, I figured I had to bite the bullet and go shopping because if I didn't do it now, when I did have the time and inclination (say end of Feb.) they wouldn't have my size. I was probably right. I just cannot believe that these clothing manufacturers stay in business! And it's not just women's clothing! I was a little taken aback at the Gap where the dressing rooms are unisex. The guy in the dressing room next to me was laughing while trying stuff on--I thought only women did that. "How do they look?" said his wife who was waiting on a chair outside, "They look weird" he said. Weird is right. I hate bell bottoms, I do not like "boot cut" pants (I don't think they look professional for work and they are sloppy for my outdoor life). I also do not like straight leg pants that are wide all the way down--they remind me of hip waders--I look like I'm swimming in them. And the new look is extra long so you can wear them with heels (apparently most Americans don't walk around very much, they just stand up ocassionally to pose in their cool pants).

And then, lo and behold I DO find some straight legs I like, but they are extra low cut, so I have to get all new underwear!! Because for years, all I could find besides thongs and grannie panties were "french cut" with the high waists! I have to say that this year's fashion is some of the worst ever! I know the manufacturers can make tasteful, attractive pants--I have some nice old ones in my closet getting threadbare.

Glad to get that off my chest. Now I have to go shorten my jeans. And I am 5 ft. 6 and they are "regular" length. Yes, back when I was 16 you wanted your jeans dragging on the ground to be cool, but at 48 . . . I cannot pull off the hobo look anymore!

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County