SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kinshasa18

New bathroom project using Mediterranean tile - need opinions!

kinshasa
14 years ago

The bathroom is 9x11'.

Bathroom floor -- size is approximately 7x11'.

I want to use a 4x4' Mediterranean tile in a set of 9 tiles to create a 12x12' square. I prefer the Utica design but Carthage would also work. Each row would have two Daltile Aegean 12x12' tiles, then the 12x12' Utica design of 9 tiles, then repeat. Each succeeding row would shift the design slightly to create a pinwheel pattern.

Tub/shower wall -- approximately 6' to ceiling and 5' wide (simple drop-in tub). Tile would be the Daltile 12x12' Aegean with 2 bird murals, each 16x16' (each mural is a set of 4 8x8' tiles). The murals would be about 2' down from the ceiling.

As you enter the bathroom, the tub/shower wall cannot be seen. It's on the right behind a narrow 5' wall separating the shower fixtures from the beginning of the cabinets.

After I decide on the floor and walls, I will pick the double vanity, vessel sinks, and mirrors.

I love color (see photos of recently finished master bathroom) and an ethnic vibe. Is this too much blue? I'm not worrying about resale. We don't plan to sell.

Three boys used this bathroom as they grew up. It's larger than the master bathroom.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/ac242/kinshasa18/Boys%20Bathroom/

Comments (15)