SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deb7600

Bathroom tiles fighting with each other. Project stalled. Help please.

deb7600
6 years ago

Here is my problem. I have a Bianca Carrara marble top on a white vanity. I cannot find any porcelain look carrara that looks good next to the countertop and I have looked for two months now. The first photo is a photo of the new floor in the bathroom ( you can also see it in progress on the other photos). It's a matte grey ceramic from Italy, but it looks amazing like stone. On top of that is real carrara marble subway tile, below that is the closest porcelain carrara look tile I could find for the shower and tub surround. The white background looks a slightly yellow next to the white background on the countertop. it just doesn't match. There is approx a three inch space between the edge of the waterproofing above the tub and the edge of where the vanity will sit (see the photo), so I thought I would do the window wall above the bathtub with the subway and continue to run it on entire wall 4 inches above the vanity to the other wall, so it appears that entire wall is tiled in subway with a chair rail, and the vanity is pushed up against it. The shower will be the white porcelain (that doesn't match the countertop) and will run along the shared wall with the tub. I thought that would keep the white porcelain enough away from the vanity. I don't know if that is going to look horrible or not. I think I've lost my perspective. Any help very much appreciated. (My first thought was to put the grey in the shower and the white porcelain on the floor- I think I should have stuck with that). Comments, suggestions?

Comments (8)