SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centralcacyclist

My son started his first job.

centralcacyclist
15 years ago

I delivered him all dressed up and ready to impress on Friday afternoon for his orientation at Barnes & Noble. It was as much fun as taking him to his first day of preschool. I made him lose his gum and I did a fingernail inspection. It's a mom thing.

As an 18 year old with extremely casual clothing needs until now his wardrobe needed some refinement. I took him shopping and purchased trousers in khaki and black, several long sleeved striped cotton shirts, one black polo, penny loafers, and dress socks. He already has black loafers, a couple of dress shirts and one pair of khaki trousers. So that should keep him dressed for a 20 hour/week position as a book seller for a week or so. I am SO grateful that he was offered this job rather than the one across the street at KFC. :) He will be a cashier.

I was surprised at how conservative his taste is! Penny loafers? They looked exactly like shoes his father owns. In fact he has his father's feet--narrow heel and an extremely high instep. There were no bargain shoes for him as a small child!

Comments (14)