SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoenix2000

Ventilation hood for Blue Star Platinum 36" cooktop

phoenix2000
9 years ago

Hello,

We are having our house constructed, so there are no physical limitations to installing our ventilation hood.

We are getting the Blue Star Platinum Rangetop 36". We will use the grill. So, I know I need a 42" wide, 27" deep ventilation hood with ideally 900 cfm or more.

If you could set up your dream ventilation hood for this Blue Star cooktop with grill, what would it be so that you can minimize noise?

I currently have a Prestige hood for my Blue Star RNB 36" and it's so loud. I only use the lowest setting and it's still so loud that I tend to avoid turning it on at all unless absolutely necessary.

I like the baffle filters and the ease of cleaning.

I've read that installing a roof-mounted blower or remote in-line blower and an in-line silencer on 10-inch ducting is the way to go.

I would appreciate thoughts on this and specifics as to brand names, etc. so I have something to give to the builder and presumably, he'll have someone on staff who will understand.

Thanks in advance for helping me decipher this challenging topic of ventilation hood selection and installation.

- Phoenix

Comments (4)