SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mama_mia_gw

how to replace a 58in vanity w/ side sink

mama_mia
12 years ago

we want to replace the vanity in our bathroom, but have reached some roadblocks. Do you have any suggestions?

There are three issues.

1) the width of the vanity is 58" and most std pre-assembled vanities are 48" or 60" or 72". I don't want to put in a 48" and have an empty space bc then I'd have to add floor tile in the empty area, and we weren't planning on re-doing the floor.

2) the sink must be offset. Can't see it in the photo below, but the toilet is just to the left of the back wall near the towel holder. If the sink were centered, your left leg would bump into the toilet.

3) Again, because of the toilet, I think we need sliding doors in the vanity cabinet, because drawers would not open all the way. But I can't find any vanities with sliding doors.

Is it difficult to build a vanity base? Are there other options/ideas? Buying a specific width countertop is not a problem, but I can't find a vanity cabinet that is the right width. I'd prefer a vanity with a toe kick base and not exposed feet - again because I don't want to have to re-tile the floor.

Any suggestions? thank you!

PS. we are re-doing the vanity because the marble top is 30 yrs old with water stains and scratches that I can't remove. The cabinet sliding doors always stick in the track and the right one is cracked (30 yrs of wood doors in a steamy bathroom took its toll).

Comments (4)