SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosewitch49

Major health issue and hoping for input here;

rosewitch
10 years ago

Since I visit this forum the most, I am really hoping someone here can help me. I went out on sick leave that turned into FMLA leave back in April. After two months of testing was finally diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension and told I needed to apply for disability.

Before all the testing was complete FMLA moved into short-term disability and is now supposed to move to long-term. My employer held my position as long as they could and told me they were going to release me from my job at the end of August and send me everything I would need to elect Cobra insurance when my benefits ended with my job.

As of today, I still have not received any paperwork from the employer about Cobra and I am still covered under the company health insurance. In spite of multiple phone calls and emails from both myself and the case worker handling my disability claim, the employer still hasn't done their job about Cobra. This was also holding up getting the costly new meds I need to help with this disease. Since the insurance denied coverage for the meds, I was very fortunate to get placed on a temp no-cost 90 day program with the drug company and just received my first shipment of meds. But I really need to move to the Cobra asap.

I have gone as high as the Director of HR at my employer; and was promised that she would take care of this issue over a week ago.

Where do I go from here? Dept of Labor? Social Security?

Will be thankful for any and all thoughts.
Kat

Comments (8)