SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

HUGE hood design help?

igloochic
16 years ago

I have a 58" VentaHood hanging from the wall in my kitchen right now, which is nice, but it's basically the insert (which we had refabricated to the right size). I now need to build a hood cover over that. The sides extend 12" up on the wall (left and right) and narrow down to about 4" in the front. We're going to clad it with Cherry, but my original design had a 6" frame going around the base and then it would gradually slope up the ceiling about a foot, then have another six inch wide piece about a foot long around the ducting. Obviously with a 12" tall side that won't work. Can anyone share pictures of HUGE hoods that are NOT built into the cabinets? I have this piece standing alone and it and the view are the two highlights of that wall. It needs to be lovely, but not overpowering (which it would be if I went ahead and made it like a cabinet instead of narrowing it towards the ceiling).

Did that make sense? Anyhoo, I'm in the finished kitchen blog now, but any pics anyone has that are hood specific would be lovely! Thanks in advance!

Comment