SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayla_wathen

Design help? 2 living rooms? Huge entry way?

Kayla Wathen
5 years ago

We just moved into this house and we are having a hard time with how to configure our living space. Our rambler has the original entry/living room, you know the room where as soon as you walk in its an open room that typically has the couch and TV in it? Its decently sized, however they have built a pantry in the kitchen and this caused the wall to jut out 3ft by 3 ft in the corner.

Then there is a threshold to another living space. This is converted attached garage, so its a big room, but its long and narrow and not very cozy. We also need an office/playroom and since we don't have an additional bedroom to utilize, we figured adding french doors to this would make a great spot.

We are trying to configure our sectional in this first room with the front door. It has these amazing windows in it, but with a left side chaise on our couch and the bump our from the pantry, its making it very difficult to set up I made these online designs and tried one out last night, and I don't think I like it. Does anyone have any advice on either what to turn this room into, and we can move our living space back to the converted room, or advice on how to arrange our furniture to look right?

I tried out this ^^^ design below:

*Don't mind the clutter. We will also be painting the walls gray, and all the trim white. Adding curtains and decorations obviously. We are going for the farmhouse feel.

Comments (8)