SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitobsessed

Sources for basic white hex tile? glazed vs unglazed?

bluekitobsessed
14 years ago

Hi y'all. I'm finally, finally, finally ready to start in on tiling not one, but two bathrooms. (Two different long stories here...shorter, my mom moved in and hated all my ideas for guest bathroom that's now her bathroom, and my son's bathtub leak means a big remodel upstairs.) I assumed I'd be using Daltile white subway tile for walls, with an interesting stripe to be named later, and matching white glazed hex tiles on the floor, with blue hex tiles added for interest. Only problem is...Daltile doesn't make white glazed tiles -- they're unglazed -- nor does it make hex tiles in a variety of colors -- black and white seem to be the only options.

The tile store salesperson told me that unglazed tile will be more slip-resistant, but harder to clean.

I can:

1. Look for alternate sources for floor tile. Walker Zanger seems to have glazed tile with only black & white choices. I'm very fussy about whites matching each other and don't know if the W-Z white hex would match the Daltile white subway, or if this would mean I'd have to buy W-Z $ubway tile. And with W-Z, I still don't have alternate colors.

2. Get the Daltile white unglazed...I hate to scrub! and no colors.

3. Ask GW for alternate ideas.

Help!

Comments (5)