SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctreno_gw

Is marble slab tub deck & stone floor a must?

ctreno
14 years ago

Well, of course nothing is a must, so in a way I have answered my own question, but architect who is usually not insistent and has been very sensitive to our tight budget says that my whirlpool tub deck really should be a solid slab and not marble tile. My builder says that with cut 12x12 marble tiles there will be some line of course, but barely noticeable so save the $. Went to a Waterworks showroom where I saw display with marble tile surround on tub and cermic tile deck. I thought it looked nice, but people keep telling me that in my neighb. marble deck in master is a must.

Marble fabricator where we reserved slabs (imperial Danby) for kitchen and master vanity top says we may be able to use tub cut out for kids' vanity top (only 18" x 24")and/or saddles, but I have also been told by different fabricators that when they cut, stone it could break.

Also wondering do I really need to do stone on floor. I have seen so many nice contemp. baths with those rectified linen-looking floor tiles that look beautiful to me and must be a lot less costly than marble/limestone?

Just wondering since I have to allocate my tight reno $ wisely, where to spend more or less. Will people notice the tub deck more, or the tile in glass shower, for example?

Any thoughts?

Comments (6)