SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jude31

Moving recipes from one site to another

jude31
13 years ago

First, let me say I am not at all proficient on the computer. Is there a simple way, that dummies can understand, to move a recipe, for instance, from "my documents" to the cooking forum?

Thanks, jude

Comments (40)

• Gina_W
    13 years ago

Jude, do you know how to copy and paste? You can't attach files here, so you need to highlight, then copy a block of text from your document, then paste it in the message box here.

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay... I know how to copy...highlighted what I wanted to paste but then after I click on paste I don't know what to do. GRRRR. I feel so inept....and old and ignorant!

• Related Discussions

moving plants from another place

Q

Comments (1)
    I move plants all the time. I'm almost always wanting to change the site of one plant and so I would move them many times over. With the hostas - it's probably going to be a good time to make divisions as well as transplanting. Water them well before digging them out of the garden. use a shovel and dig them out completely. Take a serated knife and start dividing the plants into smaller plants. Replant and water well. no fertilizing. With regards to the rose of sharon, it all depends on how long the shrubs were in the ground. The longer and larger the shrub is, the harder to transplant them without damage. Water well and dig a large root ball. Make sure you have dug up the new hole before you even dig out the shrub. You want to dig out the shrub and immediately tranplant it. However, as I said, the risk is higher when the plant has been in the ground longer. (like many years). So my advise is to wait till fall when the plant goes dormant before digging it out of the hole and transplant right away.
    ...See More

RECIPE: Another one for the Pork Tenderloin lovers

Q

Comments (14)
    Well, Marilyn, you already know that I'm copying this recipe, don't you? I seem to have the same taste buds as you (well except for salmon LOL). The other day while we were on our way home from Florida to New York, we ate in a wonderful restaurant called "Emily's" in Beaufort, SC. I had "Steak Au Poivre" and it had a very well seasoned Cognac/cream sauce. I don't know if that is customary with all the pepper for Steak Au Poivre, but it tasted just fantastic to me! Thank you for this recipe.
    ...See More

RECIPE: SafetyAlert...Found this site on another board....I just

Q

Comments (6)
    Just because someone is vegan doesn't mean that other members in their family are. And I think she is upset about the recall because it isn't advertized more.... If there is a contamination and she didn't find out until she went on a web site then she or other people she knows could be feeding their family or eating contaminated meat and not know it. I don't like to eat meat alot that is why I come here to find some great recipes to make for myself. my husband is a meat and potatoes guy so I have to buy it for him so this could be why she is "upset" just my 2 cents.
    ...See More

Can I move plantation shutters from one window to another?

Q

Comments (2)
    Depends, ultimately, on how they were attached and glued in. If you are careful and don't apply over pressure to the frames, you should be able to salvage them and move them. Keep in mind that the frames are designed to support any weight and are basically decorative until they are installed on the window. They are quite flimsy in most cases so less is more here when it comes to the amount of elbow grease to apply.
    ...See More
  • Gina_W
    13 years ago

Good - copying is the first step.

Now, put your mouse cursor in the message box here, as you would normally when you start to post something.

Then, at the top of your browser menu bar, click on "Edit" which will open a menu of options.

Click on the option "Paste" -- your copied text should appear here.

Test it here right now.

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Recipe from "Once Upon a Plate"

Pork Roasted the Way the Tuscans Do
    This is a wonderful and easy technique for pork roasted inside a baguette with wonderful fresh herbs and of course garlic and olive oil! I'm sure this will become a favorite of yours too - it's great to bring on a picnic lunch!
    2 teaspoons fresh chopped sage
    2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon fennel pollen*
    4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    1 pork tenderloin, trimmed
    1 loaf crusty baguette
    3-4 T. Dijon mustard (optional)

On a work surface, mince the sage, rosemary, pepper, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and fennel pollen together.
    Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook the pork, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.

If you like, at this point, you can smear the seared pork with the Dijon mustard before rolling in the herbs. (This step adds a bit of moisture to the meat, which I prefeer).Roll the pork in the herb mixture and set aside. Cut the baguette in half the long way and scoop out the soft insides. Brush the inside of the baguette with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Place the pork on the inside of the baguette so that the pork is completely enclosed. Trim off the excess ends of the bread. Tie the baguette, at 1-to 2-inch intervals, with kitchen string.
    Preheat an oven to 375�F. Place the pork on a baking sheet and roast until done, 155�F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part, 25 to 30 minutes.
    Remove from the oven, let rest 10 minutes. Remove the strings and cut into slices. Serve.
    Serves 4

Gina, this is the recipe I wanted to move to the "Mustard" thread. I am delighted, at this point. Now we'll see if I can post it on "Mustard".

Thank you so much. Now I'll copy and paste these instructions in case I forget! LOL

jude

• dedtired
    13 years ago

Yay Jude!

• mustangs81
    13 years ago

Good Gina and good job Jude! Now we look forward to you sharing your years of recipe collecting.

Cathy

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gina and Pam, you have no idea what an accomplishment this was for me! Thanks for your encouragement.Now I am going to try to move a picture. Wish me luck!

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, the picture didn't work. I had a bunch of pictures on my computer that were taken last year on a trip to Europe, but apparently I needed to do something else. I am persistent though and I'll keep trying.

Thanks, jude

• User
    13 years ago

Jude their is a whole protocol to moving pics. It's not hard but it's not just cut and paste like you do with text.

If you are interested we can help you.

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Chase, I don't know....you all are so good to try to help and fortunately you realize I have to have step 1..., step 2 etc. I think I waited 'til I was too old to start trying to use a computer. I'm willing to give it a try but I don't want to be a bother.

Thanks, jude

• diinohio
    13 years ago

Jude, congratulations on posting that recipe! I had forgotten about it, I will make it again soon-it really is good.

I can't help with moving the pictures, I can post pictures from Photobucket but that's about all- I am computer challenged too!

But..... you have come to the right place. This forum is very generous with their knowledge and time.

I can't wait to see your pictures of Europe.

Di

• vacuumfreak
    13 years ago

Jude, congrats. I have a lady at work and a manager who are both in their mid 50s and neither of them have gotten the hang of copying and pasting yet. I've tried to teach them both for 2 years, but they still don't get it! To top it off, the lady just got an apple computer that doesn't have a right click button on the mouse... that doesn't help! Exciting to get the hang of something new, huh? :o)

• cloudy_christine
    13 years ago

Bobby, copying and pasting is very easy on a Mac. You just select what you want to copy, press Command-C, then insert the cursor where you want to paste to, and press Command-V. That's it.

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bobby, you are so encouraging, but I couldn't learn to do new things without all of you who are so helpful. I love those Aha moments when something works.

Thanks, jude

• User
    13 years ago

Congratulations Jude.

And thanks for posting Mary's recipe. Her blog is one of my favourites.

Ann

• annie1992
    13 years ago

cc, my computer has Vista and that's how I have to copy and paste too.

Congratulations, Jude, and thanks for the recipe!

Now, go open a photobucket account and we'll tell you how to post pictures!

Annie

Annie

• cloudy_christine
    13 years ago

Annie, on a Mac you don't have to do it that way. You can choose "copy" and then "paste" from a drop-down menu, but that seems more trouble than just using the command key.

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here I go showing my ignorance, again...Annie I don't know how to open a photobucket account...as a matter of fact I don't even know what it is. And...if it matters I have a Dell computer. I do step 1, step 2 etc. rather well.-)

jude

• dlynn2
    13 years ago

You just select what you want to copy, press Command-C, then insert the cursor where you want to paste to, and press Command-V. That's it.

Thanks, CC I have a Mac and had never done the command key thing --- I just tried it and I like it!

• cloudy_christine
    13 years ago

Oh good, dlynn, glad to be of help. It is much simpler.

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay, folks, I googled Photobucket and there were several sites. Photobucket.com had a bunch of stuff. Satisfaction.com had a Photobucket log in also and says it's an official photobucket Partner site. There were others as well. Is there a preference and is privacy an issue?

jude

• annie1992
    13 years ago

I don't know, jude, I just log in to photobucket.com. I have a sign in and password there and when I sign in, my pictures come up. Well, I now have so many there that they are divided into albums, which I finally figured out how to do, LOL.

I haven't figured out how to make entire albums public, though...

Annie

• dgkritch
    13 years ago

Jude, just use the basic site: photobucket.com

1. At the very top on the blue bar....over to the right, there's small text that says "sign up". Click that.

2. Fill in the information on the screen that comes up. Your username can be anything you want, but just make sure to write it down or make it something you'll remember (don't ask why I mention this, OK?).

3. Do your darndest to figure out what those little code words say and type them in. Don't worry, if you get it wrong, you'll get another chance.

4. Click the 'sign me up' button below the stuff you just put in.

5. Next page tries to get you to sign up for added features and PAY for them. NO NEED. Tiny print says 'no thanks'. Click that.

6. OK! Now you're 'in'. There's a big green bar to the right that says 'Upload images and videos. Click it.

7. You will get another window that pops up and you can go look for the place on YOUR computer where you have photos stored. Choose the one(s) you want to post. If you hold down the CTRL key and click on more than one picture file, it will select them as you choose.

8. When you have chosen what you want, click the OPEN button at the bottom of that window.

9. The extra window will go away and you'll see the files being loaded on the Photobucket site (little green bar thingy). When it's done, you'll be able to see your photo(s).

1. Double click on one and it will bring it up larger and there will be some options to the left:
      Email & IM
      Direct Link
      HTML code
      Image code

2. See all the garbeldy gook to the right of them??
      Copy all of that from the box to the right of HTML code.

3. Now! The fun part!

Paste all the 'code' into your message here. It'll look strange, but when you preview your message, the photo will be there instead of the code. Like magic!

Here's mine (friend's cutie patootie grandbaby):

It should start with a character like this Make sure you get it all or it won't work.

OK, Your turn!!!

Deanna

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well shoot, Deanna! I had it all ready to copy the gobbledy gook and lost everything. How do I get back to where I was?

jude

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

HTML

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well darn, I thought I had it 'titled'. This is the first picture I made when we landed in Germany and, seeing it. I immediately thought of Annie. We thought it was rhutabaga but later decided it was sugar beets. The stack of beets was at least 20 feet long and 8-10 feet high, just stacked along the road. I learned later that they are hauled on trucks to the refinery.
    It was so tatally unlike anything we had ever seen, we just kept on talking about that pile of rhutabaga.

jude

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

• mustangs81
    13 years ago

Jude, you da' bomb!! There's no stopping you now.

Deanna, You couldn't have picked a cuter picture to demo!

Cathy

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm still learning, but I'm getting there.

At a B&B in Germany. I love those European breakfasts!

jude

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The previous picture was taken at our farewell dinner on the Rhine River Cruise. I am on the left with my traveling buddies. We traveled in Germany for a week before we joined the others for the cruise.

I want to thank all of you who helped me get where I am, which is still a long way from where I want to be. Honestly I was mentally exhausted. How sad is that!!!!

jude

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks to Gina and Deanna for your help in getting me started on moving recipes and Photobucket and the others for your encouragement. I'm not where I want to go but a long way from where I was.

Thanks, jude

• annie1992
    13 years ago

Jude, I'm at work and can't see any of your pictures, but hooray for you!

Now I'm going to go home tonight and check them out.

Annie

• Bizzo
    13 years ago

Those are wonderful, Jude! Your pics of breakfast in Germany brought back memories... I was there 15 years ago, when my brother was stationed there with the army!

You go, girl!!

• dgkritch
    13 years ago

You've got it now!! :-)
    Good to "meet" you.

Deanna

• annie1992
    13 years ago

Oh Deanna, that is one cute baby, so sweet and chubby!

Jude, it's nice to finally meet you. I agree, I think that big pile is sugar beets, I see them stacked up here and getting moved with tractors and front end loaders. Hunters bought them by the pick up truck load for deer bait until it became illegal to bait the deer. Now I see them only for sugar refineries. We grow a LOT of sugar beets here in Michigan.

That breakfast looks like something right up my alley, a ham and cheese sandwich and coffee!

Any why does your travelling companion remind me of Sean Connery, but with hair? He doesn't look veyr happy, though.

Annie

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That is one VERY cute baby, a very thoughtful look, too. I was so wrapped up in what I was trying to do that I didn't comment.

Annie, Sam does look a good bit like Sean Connery but wasn't thrilled with all the picture taking that was going on, I think. Basically he's a happy, fun-loving person to travel with. Ann is my best friend and we've known Sam for years and traveled together numerous times. Neither of our husbands like to travel but don't mind if we do, so it works well.

You're on the countdown with the wedding now and I know it will be beautiful and I'd say fun, too. You've put in a lot of hard work and I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.

jude

• lakeguy35
    13 years ago

Way to go Jude!! Great pics and it's so cool to "meet" you. The food looks great as do your travel pals. Thanks for sharing!

Deanna, that baby pic is priceless!

David

• Lisa_in_Germany
    13 years ago

Congrats, Jude, on learning something new. Wish we could have met up on your trip to Germany. Living over here, I don't get many opportunities to meet any of my "invisible" friends. If you ever get back over here, please let me know you are coming and we can meet up for coffee.
    Lisa

• jude31
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Lisa. If I should get back over there I will for sure let you know. That would be so cool, and could we have one of those good pastries with that coffee?

jude