SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danain

RECIPE: Another one for the Pork Tenderloin lovers

danain
18 years ago

This is the second time I've made this and it has climbed to the top of the list for Paul and me. (Although I love the Island Pork Tenderloin too!) Great company dish.

{{!gwi}}

The rub:

1 tablespoon paprika

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon dry mustard

1 tablespoon dried rosemary

1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

1 whole pork tenderloin, silver skin removed

1 tablespoon olive oil

The Sauce:

1 tablespoon butter

1 shallot (or small onion); minced

2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley

2 tablespoon Cognac

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

2 tablespoon tomato paste

1 cup chicken broth or stock

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (optional)

In a small bowl combine paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper. Reserving 1 tablespoon of the rub mixture, sprinkle the remaining all over both pieces of meat. Let the pork stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour before cooking.

In a large, heavy frying pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add the tenderloins, cooking and turning often until browned on all sides and internal temperature reaches 140° watching closely because the paprika will burn. (This can be done on the grill.) Transfer the tenderloins to a platter and let rest tented loosely with foil while you make the sauce.

In another pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the shallot, sauté until softened about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and Cognac. Return to heat and simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the Dijon mustard, tomato paste, chicken broth and reserved 1 tablespoon rub. Continue to simmer while stirring often to reduce the sauce by half, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the cream and cayenne to taste. Add any accumulated juices from the pork to the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice pork and spoon on sauce.

*This recipe was originally from Williams Sonoma and for beef tenderloin. I swapped out the beef broth for chicken. We felt this was too over powering for beef tenderloin...we're purist.

Marilyn

Comments (14)