SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sycore

Need help picking low to mid range applainces

sycore
11 years ago

Hi,

I am trying to help my sister out that is moving into a home and needs all 4 kitchen appliances. Fridge, Oven, Dishwasher and Microwave. I usually research everything and give her a recommendation. She is on a budget, looking to spend no more than $4000 for Stainless Steel. Trying to research appliances will drive you crazy, as it seems no matter which brand there are problems.

I have never recommend an extended warranty in my life, but I think I will to her to get one for at least the Refrigerator. I don't know why the manufacture can not just have matching good, better, best packages.

Anyway, I have stuck to the budget brands and she likes the looks of the Frigidaire Gallery series, but the many problem with the ice makers and poor quality of Frigidaire budget brands in general, seems to rule it out.

I am left with LG and Samsung. How are Maytag or KitchenAid. Are they just higher end Frigidaires? Any recommendations? She might go with French doors and then just get an ice chest for the garage for her large family. How do they handle fingerprints, another of her pet peeves. Thanks for any info you can supply.

Comment (1)