SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terrapots

Help, I'm still on a scanning nightmare

Terrapots
14 years ago

I'm getting desperate to make SOME scanner work. I won't go into lengthy details but the wireless HP All-in-one scan option is just not available. I've uninstalled the printer software and reinstalled a couple of times, followed reactivation directions but when my computer is selected and docs scanned, they just are not in my computer. Anyway, I raided DHs warehouse of equipment and found a never used HP scanner with USB connection and two Canon scanners with old parallel (I think) port connections. There was no software for the Canon scanners and the the software/driver for the HP just froze on my computer, Win XP. Since the scanner is so old, driver is not available free from HP, nor is their tech support, is there a safe site I can download drivers for these scanners. Also, anyone have opinions about these scanners and their functionality?

Then, I also have the problem with downloading as for the life of me, cannot figure out why my downloads are being diverted apparently. I'm also noticing that at the bottom of this web page, I have a message that says "!Done, but with errors on page." Is my computer in trouble, you think? Although I've seen this message on some web pages before.

Comments (12)