SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phillyfeet_gw

Another person with appliance decision confusion...

phillyfeet
10 years ago

This is my first post after hours of reading and searching through this forum for about a month.
We are renovating our kitchen and I need to pick appliances before we can move forward. This is a house we hope to be in for a long time and while I know appliances aren't always made to last these days, I am willing to spend a little more if the quality is there. I currently have a Kenmore AG 30inch range with griddle, dishwasher and fridge - all here when we moved in 5 years ago. Hate the oven - runs 30 degrees too hot, no working broiler and takes forever to boil water. Oh and the black surface is a dust magnet which looks dirty 2 seconds after cleaned! We have extra full freezer in garage that we bought last year and will keep.
I am not an avid chef, but do enjoy cooking and baking. Pasta is a weekly meal, homemade pizza is made often, love to bake cookies, pies, cakes. I was raised with electric range, so I can bake in both gas and electric and want to have both options in my future kitchen.

I don't have a firm budget, but not looking to spend all the reno money on the appliances - around 10,000 ideal, but willing to go up to 15000 if necessary (really hope it isn't!)

Here's what I know I want-
1. 36 inch AG range 6 burner
leaning towards wolf, but also interested in DCS
confusing myself with bluestar and capital for open burners if my pasta water will boil faster
don't care about self or manual clean
not primary oven to be used everyday, but still want it to bake and roast evenly

2. 30 inch electric wall oven
primary oven, like idea of one with bread proof and keep warm functions, but not an absolute must

3. 36 inch cabinet depth or built in fridge SS, no external ice or water, FD or bottom freezer
thinking i'll be happier with cabinet depth price, but liked layouts of fridge section better in some built-ins I saw at appliance store.

4. Dishwasher
(only thing I know for sure) Miele crystal

I know I need a hood, but I haven't even started that research. I am keeping my counter microwave and having shelf built for that. At one point I was getting carried away with all the other great options out there, but really, I don't think i'd be using speed ovens, steam oven and warming drawers often enough to justify adding to plan. (though that warming draw does sound tempting for my dough!)

Any input would be greatly appreciated and I will definitely post reviews in the future once this project finally ends!
Thanks is advance

Comments (7)