SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
footballmom_gw

Help. Appliance confusion

footballmom
9 years ago

I posted earlier about having three ovens in my kitchen and have decided to nix the idea but now I have another dilemma. I have purchased one E-lux single wall oven and have another on hold. They were the 65 series and were floor models that never even had the zip ties take off of the racks. They listed for 2200.00 and I paid 575.00 for each of them. They also come with a 3 year parts warranty and the extended warranty thru Lowe's is discounted due to purchasing more than one appliance.
I was going to have one in a tall appliance cabinet at counter height and one below an induction cooktop. I thought that having one below a cooktop where the vent hood would be would really be smart as it would help vent odors from broiling and smoke from using the oven to finish off things that start on the range top.
My concern is that I am getting negative feedback from a friend and from a realtor . The realtor is important as we are unsure how long we will be in this home.
The neighborhood is one of custom homes ranging from 1300 square feet to 3500 square feet, so we have large families thru retired people in the neighborhood. People are just starting to remodel their kitchens, so there really isn't much to compare as far as what is common in the area. We would probably have one of the nicest kitchens in the neighborhood when it is completed even if I just went with a free standing range, but I am designing it considering both the possibility of us staying here long term and having to sell soon.
There really isn't the option of letting the kitchen go for someone else as it is horrible and it has been difficult to function in it as the current layout is poor as is storage.
I have been encouraged to just stick with a regular double oven in a tall cabinet and place a cooktop in a cabinet with storage under it.
I know the cabinet cost and electrical adds to the cost, but what do you think of the possible set up?
Would you prefer a double oven in a tall cabinet? would you mind having two full sized ovens in different locations?
Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Gayle

Comments (19)