SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terrapots

Need help to create a 'merge' file in Works

Terrapots
14 years ago

I need to create a master document with spaces to be filled in without deleting text. Something that can be typed in by using tabs or with a macro function to land on the spaces that need to be filled in. I used to do this easily in DOS workperfect where these documents were used as a template and then printed out. The people using these didn't require extensive training to accomplish this task. We need to do this now but for the life of me, I can't find any way that describes what I want to do in MS Works or Word. I can't even figure out how to add a password to a file so that it cannot be changed, how retarded is that? I used to be able to create a master letter that we used with a macro to bring it up, it put in the current date, they typed in name, address and any saluatory notes and data in correct places and printed it out.

I have access to Microsoft Office Works, WorkPerfect 6 for Windows, WordPerfect Office 2000 with wordperfect 9 but have never really used them to be that familiar with them to do this w/o a lot of trial and error and, of course, installing programs I may not need.

Or is there another program I can use that would make this an easy project? Although on the face of it, this should be easy as pie, but not for me. Open for any suggestions.

Comment (1)