SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

My kitty's off to surgery

sally2_gw
12 years ago

We've just recently discovered she has mammary tumors, or at least, most likely does. Cinnamon is what I've come to call a tame feral. She is one of many cats over the years that have been dumped or wondered to the nursery I work at. She's very timid, and is a one person cat. I feel horrible that I didn't notice the tumors before, but she's not what I call a "belly" cat, that likes to roll over so you can scratch her belly. If anyone looks at her the wrong way she's off under the bed. She lets me pet her when she comes up to me and head butts me. She's actually a very sweet, loving cat, but just a scaredy cat. Now I have to break her trust, catch her, and take her in for major surgery, then figure out a way to care for her post surgery. Last week when I caught her, it was quite traumatic for her, and I think even more so for me. Now we get to do it all over again.

In spite of her timidness, I really love Cinnamon. I know the risk is high for reccurance, but it hasn't spread into her lungs, and her blood work is good, so I have hope they can get this mass out and she'll be okay.

Please cross your fingers, or do whatever it is you do when you think about someone that needs positive thoughts. This time it's Cinnamon. (and me.)

Sally

Comments (26)