SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats_gw

After 38 months we're IN....

kats
16 years ago

Well, we're IN !!!

For those wondering, being in an RV for 2 months wasn't so bad. The nightly bears visiting was fun and we were comfortable but OH SO READY to get into something bigger!

There's still a lot of finish work for the GC to do. Just stuff though. Nothing that has kept us from sleeping here since 8/8. Like right now 2 workers are in my living room high on a scaffolding placing the wood beam back on the fireplace. And the GC is staining the island counter top he made and then our cabinet guy is working on my frig to make it look like an old icebox (hardware will take another 4 months to arrive!!!) Some of our electrical is acting a bit funny and we've had a couple of lukewarm showers lately (though I think that is resolved). Got 4 bathrooms and only one has completed plumbing and that's the 1/4 bath in the gameroom upstairs where DH goes every morning to shave (plus it has the only mirror in the house)! That kind of stuff. My pantry shelving isn't finished yet for the can goods or for the small appliances so I've had to put them in the kitchen and our closet doesn't have any shelving so we're still living out of boxes. And, we still need to get furniture desperately (we pretty much gave everything away before we moved) but at least we now have a mattress to sleep on (delivered yesterday). Woo Hoo!

But, every morning I'm up and my routine already is to take my coffee out on the back porch and enjoy the sun rise over the mountain. So far we've eaten dinner out there every night too... just because. That porch is what this house is all about...ok so we've had some fun with the pool table but it's really all about that porch!

Oh and even though DH ordered DSL for me back in early July I still don't get it for another 4 days so I'm on dial-up right now. But I THINK I'll live! Once I get DSL and the scaffolding out of my livingroom I'll post some pics!

:)

Kat

Comments (20)