SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom1234_gw

update after owning samsung 448 for 2 months

mom1234
14 years ago

OK so while i like this set I have a few issues that are very troublesome ,

1. The liquid soap runs right into the laundry doesnt wait to be released. Samsungs answer to this was that I should use powder and that it really didnt go right in on the clothin it goes int water. NO it doesnt you can watch it run down the insude of the door. This flaw makes the prewash cycle useless because it takes all teh soap and there is none left for the main wash.

2. I have had many times a small amount of water drips out down the front from the bottom of the door, Sears says this is if you have ANY hair or and small piece of lint it will act like a syphin so I have to wipe it out after each load.

3. You can start another load right away without powering off then back on this is also the way the dryer works. A pain.

4. I cant choose extra hot on my whites cycle you have to go and use sanitize and add steam and silvercare to that giving you and almost 2 hour wash cycle. I think it was 1hour 54 minutes this morning when I used sanitize and I didnt even use silvercare.

5.many cycles seem to be the same just named different things.

6.Dryer is nice but rolls blankets etc into tight ball and turns off saying its dry I have to unroll and set it to timed dry today I have to reset it and unroll one blanket 3 times. One thing I have noticed is there is very littel lint on the actual lint trap but TONS outside where my vent blows outside. Not sure what that means.

one person at samsung admitted the soap problem is a flaw they were working on but that doesnt help me now that I have spent 3000........

I debated between this and electrolux and went with samsung because it has awesome reviews but these issues do bother me. I specificalyy asked at teh sears store about the soap issue because I had read about it and I was assured that no that was incorrect adn the machine would dispense the soap at the proper time. I dotn know if sears would let me switch at this point or if I even want to but I am frustrated.

Comments (19)