SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

3 month old GE Monogram refrigerator... broken! please read

mamadadapaige
15 years ago

oh, what a hassle.

I almost bought the Subzero bottom freezer, but saved some $$ by getting the GE Monogram bottom freezer... wish I'd have gone with the SZ.

we have had the unit installed for about 3 months now. During that time, the freezer temp. has fluctuated between zero (which it is set at) and -40. About 10 days ago, the fridge stopped maintaining its temp (was set at 34 degrees) and has been up around 55 degrees.

It took days just for someone to call us back to set up an appt. Finally, they came yesterday after 9 days with no fridge (thank goodness for the wine fridge which is now functioning as our only fridge). The freezer was covered in frost and the service repair guy said the whole thing had to be defrosted before they could work on it. They left.

I had already tossed at least $100 worth of stuff in the fridge (had just gone grocery shopping the day it went ka-put). I had to bring all my frozen stuff to my neighbor's house.

So, the guys are here and don't know what is wrong. They called GE for info, and were told it would cost them $20 for tech. support. They had to call a different number that they have an account wiht and wait on hold another 15 minutes to get basically useless information.

The guys that here don't know what is wrong. They are calling GE for an answer and I get the sense that GE is taking a stab in the dark (how on earth would they know what is wrong... they aren't here to look at it).

I wish I'd have gone with a Subzero.

Any ideas for me? Can I do CC resolution and get this lemon out of my house? Please help!!!

Comments (32)