SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyman_gw

Laid Off

bunnyman
15 years ago

Laid off and loving it so far! Part a normal lay-off and part due to a decline in product orders. Company is being cruel and making me call each week to see when I'm needed back. Unless the customer corrects the order I'm not going back for a couple weeks yet. Last year the company laid me off, called me back, and laid me off again. They act like idiots and then wonder why people find work elsewhere. The reasoning behind calling each week and being pulled in and out of work is to make it difficult to find employment elsewhere. I know what was ordered by the customer for July and we already built the whole thing. Oh I could so rant forever about work so on to better topics....

I slept most of Saturday away with some lazy garden work between sleeping and naps. Sunday I bought beer and drank 3 and a couple sips from a fourth! Monday was more gardening and some house cleaning.

Yesterday was my biggest day so far. My ex-gf is in Michigan with a couple kids. Daniel who's dipers I changed is now a deep voiced teenager. I slipped and called him by his baby nickname that nobody had heard in years. Didn't even know I had done it. GF and I slipped away for a few minutes of shopping buying food and toys for the boys. One of my favorite teenage girls showed up to visit (extended family). I'm so proud of her as she graduated HS and is going to college in the fall! Poor gal has no parental support as they live in Texas. Her grandmother kicked her out for having a boyfriend. Much to her credit she has come up fighting with a diploma, a job search, college grants lined up, and looking good. As usual I gave her some money and an invitation to visit me anytime. She knows I'll take her in anytime. I figure it is easier to fight when you have something solid to fall back on. We all took the kids to the beach and then sat around grandma's house drinking beer and grilling pork chops... a finer Michigan day could not be had.

To hot to work outside today. I thawed a package of venison stew meat and plan to deep fry the chunks. Craving some noodles so I'll make some stroganoff noodles to go with the venison. I want a blue cheese sauce for my venison chunks so I'll be in the kitchen experimenting. Maybe blue cheese and a sweet basalmic vinegar?.. burbon?... cream cheese. Think I'm going to have some sauces to try. Dolly Dog has volunteered to eat anything I don't want.

It is all going so fast...

: )

lyra

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County