SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colleenoz

So proud of my DD!

colleenoz
15 years ago

I've been staying in the city with my DD for a few days working there in the city at a special event. Over dinner at my SIL's, DD was telling us how she and her girlfriends were at a night club a week or so ago and saw a girl about 18, very drunk and seemingly without friends around. (I should note for our American readers that the legal drinking age here is 18.)

Now, DD and her friends (male and female) have a rule that when they're out, they all look out for each other. So they were concerned for this lone girl, especially when a 40-ish man (with a wedding ring) locked on to her and seemed to be pestering her. DD and friends went over and asked the girl, "Are you OK?"

As the girl tried to say, no, she was drunk, the man put his arm around her and said, "Oh, yes, she's with me."

DD looked him straight in the eye and said in a steely voice, "Unless she's your WIFE, she's NOT with you. I suggest you go home to your wife and stop trying to hit on drunk 18 year olds." The man slunk off and soon left the club (DD said she kept and eye on him and if he had stayed she was going to report him to the bouncer).

Then they looked through the club until they found her friends and told them, "Hey, you should look after this girl. That's what friends do." When the "friends" protested, no really she was just having a good time, DD told them she nearly had a really not good time and they should call her family to come get her or put her in a taxi for home before something bad happened.

I love my DD :-)

Comments (11)