SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlspellman_gw

What are my Fully Integrated Fridge Options?

dlspellman
16 years ago

Need everyones help on this one.....

I am looking for a counter depth, fully integrated refrigerator and freezer. I am wanting to have them built into what looks like an armoir. Could be columns and or drawers behind, etc. But with a balanced center point. Ideally the width would be 48", but I do have flexibility to go larger.

I was leaning towards two 30" columns from Thermador or Bosch, but am afraid that may be a bit too big in scale for my 8' ceiling and kitchen.

I have considered two 27" SubZeros in the 700 series - but that's a ton of $$. I was willing to go the $6,000 for Thermador columns, but SZ would be close to $10,000 which seems ridiculous! Heck even $6,000 seems nuts, but I don't want to have any other refrig/freezers in the garage, bsmt, etc. for our family of four.

I have thought about two 24" columns, but now I'm getting close to the size of my refrigerator size in the 36" SxS that I hate b/c of the narrow refrigerator side. Freezer would be okay at 24".

Does anyone make a 42"or 48" fully integrated French Door?

Ideally the armoir would be 48" in width.... any ideas out there from you creative problem solvers? I'm at wits end trying to solve this one.

It seems I've also heard of a refrig. that allows you to change one part of a refrig/freezer from freezer to fridge or something. Did I dream that one up?

Finally, I'm also open to mixing in some under counter drawers if necessary - but preferred not to. My ideal storage space would be around 20 for the fridge and 12-15 for the freezer. Thanks!

Comments (12)