SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Advice on Antivirus and firewall

jane__ny
16 years ago

I had Norton Security Suite for years and ran into problems with it on this machine. It blocked Outlook and eventually blocked my internet access. Took forever to figure out it was Norton causing the problem.

I have been using Zone Alarm (free) and Avast (free). I hate Avast. It is the dumbest, least intuitive program I have ever dealt with. I'm still not sure it's scanning. Maybe it's because its the free version, but I want to get rid of it. I was thinking of using a 'suite' again as they work together smoothly (except when they block your entire machine). I really want something that auto updates, does automatic scanning and isn't terribly intrusive.

I use Adaware, Spybot and Spyware Blaster and want to continue to use them. Norton blocked them from working.

Could anyone recommend a good security suite, otherwise I'll try AVG or Kaspersky (if they give a free trial). I don't mind paying, but like to try them first. I was also considering MS One Care as I have it on my older machine with no problems. One Care doesn't seem to get good reviews as to safety and I need something good on my work machine.

Thanks,

Jane

Comments (6)