SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenyang

utility sink dog wash faucets

karenyang
14 years ago

This topic was addressed about a year ago, but the OP was searching for solutions for a tiled-in dog "shower".

Rather than a specific dog shower area, I have a general purpose laundry/utility sink to be installed against a wall (not tiled in) in the garage (think stainless steel restaurant supply sink) that will serve as the primary dog wash - our dogs are 25 lbs each, so I just pick them up and plop them in the sink, which is 16" deep. In the past, I've used a dog wash sprayer that I attached to the faucet at bath time, then had to unscrew, drain water from the hose, then store the sprayer and hose until next bath time.

I'd like a more elegant, "permanent" solution this time around, and would like to know if anyone has used something like a commercial-style pre-rinse faucet as a dog wash hose. Our GC suggested the KWC 10.501.134 series, but even at its hefty (HEFTY) price tag, I'm not convinced that the sprayer head would reach all the way down to the bottom of a 16" deep utility sink (since that's where my dogs' feet will be).

Has anyone done anything like this, or have other solutions that replace the get-the-hose-out-screw-it-in-then-put-it-away routine?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment (1)