SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Grey tile floor for vintage look bathroom?

crl_
11 years ago

We are buying a house with a tiny master bath that must be gutted due to a leak in the shower. We are going to annex an adjacent closet space, but the space will still be tiny--around 6 1/2 by 8 1/2.

The house was built in the 1920s and is Normandy style house with steep, clipped gable roof, huge windows, etc. This bathroom is in an old addition and very plain with no real style of any kind and nothing worth salvaging.

My main goals are durable and easy to clean. Beyond that I would like a coherent style that suits the house. I am thinking an overall vintage style would fit best. We are planning on a cast iron shower pan with subway tile walls for the shower. And beadboard for the walls. I have been looking at various wall hung sinks and vintage look recessed medicine cabinets.

I am trying to think through what would be good for the flooring. My first inclination was large dark grey tiles with dark grey epoxy grout. Easy to clean and neutral. But not really vintage. Maybe that's okay though? We are not going for perfect reproduction here, just a vintage vibe. Any alternatives I should be looking at?

Thank you for any thoughts!

Comments (9)