SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeowner2011a

Lighting Trouble over 60' Double Vanity

newhomeowner2011a
12 years ago

Hi,

We are adding on a master bath. We will have a 60" vanity (with 2 Caxon undermount sinks that are 17"x14" each) that will dead-end on the left side to a wall and on the right side to the side of our glassed-in shower. The shower will have a light/fan combo above it. We wanted to have 2 medicine cabinets with sconces on each side of them (so 3 sconces total). Our contractor thinks that given the double vanity is only 60", we might have to do 2 med cabinets with just 2 sconces - no room for one in the middle of the two med cabinets. I've read not to do the overhead sconces b/c it can cast shadows so we were hoping to do the sconces along the sides of the med cabinets and are frustrated that this might not work out.

Can anyone with lighting knowledge share with me their thoughts on doing just the 2 sconces vs. 3 and if anyone has pictures, please share if you did something similar so I can see how it makes the med cabinets line up with the sinks below.

*We have not picked out the med cabinets yet - any recommendations on what dimensions of med cabinets we should consider given what I've shared above???

Thanks so much!

Comments (2)