SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

Speaking of splurging...

sally2_gw
15 years ago

Well, we're going to have to splurge big time. DH's beloved van just broke down for the last time, and we've decided to buy a pick up truck to replace it. The problem is the obvious. They're expensive! We thought we'd heard that pick ups were selling cheap these days because of the gas milage thing, but no, uh-uh. They're not cheap. But with our new 2 acre place up in Oklahoma, we're going to need a pick up, especially if I go into landscaping up there when we move there. I just wish we weren't faced with this right now.

So, do we fork over really big bucks up front (if we can convince our credit union to loan those big bucks to us) and go for a Toyota Tecoma, and not have to worry about paying for repairs all the time, or do we go for something more like a Ford Ranger, which are a lot less expensive, but not the quality of Toyota? I see a lot of both kinds of trucks on the road, so I know they're both popular. We're also wondering if we should go ahead and get a full size truck, like an F150. I know we can't afford a Tundra. Any opinions?

Sally

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville