SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlp05_gw

Jenn Air, KA, Others? WWYD?

JLP05
9 years ago

I need to make an appliance order decision quickly before my contractors come in in Sept.... I currently have 6 year old stainless Jenn Air Pro fridge and a 3 year old KitchenAid Architect II series dishwasher. I am looking to replace my white 20 year old Jenn Air 30" single oven, with built in microwave above it and my 30" cooktop and hood.
I love the Jenn Air pro look and was thinking about going all Jenn Air (except hood which is too deep under my cabinet which I am not willing to lose), since they offer the free dishwasher deal. While I can afford that, I am a budget conscious person and was having a hard time justifying getting rid of the dishwasher that is only 3 years old (and some concerns about going with a look that goes with an aging refrigerator and also might be too modern for my older cabinets which are just getting an update with some grey paint) so I looked at the KA Architect oven and micro and loved the look and features and was going to go KA and take advantage of rebates, but I read a lot of reviews on KA ovens that the preheat is soo slow, 15+ mins. that I think that is a deal breaker for me.

Any thoughts on the two lines if you had to pick one? Or can anyone recommend oven and microwave (both with convection) that stylistically will be as attractive and modern as either of those and look ok with my KA Architect dishwasher-- reliable, better preheat function? In oven I mostly do baked good, pizzas, and Thanksgiving. That's about it. We use the microwave daily.
I'm not so worried about cooktop-- in fact, if I could find a stylish mid level oven and microwave that looked good with everything else I have going on, I might go for the Thermador 5 burner 30" cooktop. I do want to make sure I can put a big pan on there and simmer sauce without it popping.

As you can tell I am very confused at this point. Advice?

Comments (6)