SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkplatow

30' slide in electric range - Bosch, KA, or Jenn-Air?

lkplatow
16 years ago

Hi all! I have to replace my 30" electric slide in range and because of the kitchen layout, I need one that has either no handle or a very small handle on the warming drawer. (The dishwasher smacks into the warming drawer handle when the door is fully open). I want stainless steel, electric smoothtop (we have no gas service), and convection, and from what I can tell, my choices given the drawer handle situation are limited to Bosch, Jenn-Air, and KitchenAid. I think there was a Dacor one that would have worked as well, but at $3700, it's way out of my league.

The KA is cheapest at $1775. The Jenn-Air is in the mid $1800 range and the Bosch is $2100. I had a bad experience with KA customer service over our dishwasher and am not enthused about buying from them again, though I will do so if that's the best choice. The Jenn-Air is gorgeous and I love the layout of the cooktop but I have read so many bad things about them on this forum, epinions, etc. that I am scared off. And while the Bosch seems to get good reviews, I like the burner layout on the cheapest model but that does not come with an all stainless door - it has a black door which I think would look bad in the kitchen (light colored cabs). The all-stainless Bosch has a 12" burner that throws off the symmetry of the cooktop - the back burner behind that 12" burner is shoved way into the corner, which bugs me. I have no pots that big and would never use that 12" burner anyhow. The higher-end Bosch also has a temperature probe - I've never had one of those before and am not sure if I'd use it either (I'd welcome any feedback on that as well!)

I'd love some feedback from owners of these appliances or anyone who has researched and rejected them. The last couple appliances I bought (after what I *thought* was careful research) turned out to be duds and I'm already having convulsions about spending ~$2K on a stove, so I really don't want to make another mistake here! Thanks so much!

Comments (9)