SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
walnutseed

can no longer print from Word 2003

abreeze
13 years ago

i7CPU, Vista, 64-bit Home Premium, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, Avira, SuperAntiSpyware, MBAM, Firefox, Epson Stylus NX510 printer

The printer has worked fine since I connected it to my desktop. I've printed very little from Word since the software I like to use is not compatible with 64-bit on my new pc. Most of my printing is done off my old XP. However, there's never been a problem printing a Word document from my new pc until recently.

When I try to print, it requires me to save an already saved, unaltered file over and over and will never send it to my printer. Last night I realized that the file can only be saved as an XPS document. I Googled XPS extensively and discovered that I now have a Microsoft XPS Document Writer listed under Printers. I tried the XPS removal tool offered by Rogosoft but it wouldn't respond to the install. (not compatible with 64-bit???) In the Control Panel>Printers I right-clicked and made sure the Epson was set as the default printer. This made no difference.

Do you agree that the XPS Writer is causing the problem? I suspect the installation occurred when I allowed Firefox to install something that would enable me to read an Office 2007 Word doc that a friend sent me.

I will appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting