SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
downsouth1993

Mast Bath remove tub resale?

downsouth1993
16 years ago

Hi all,

We are going to be renovating our master bathroom in a house we just purchased and are living in. We have two architecural decorators who will be providing us with design concepts (they will also be handling the work as well). One decorator wants to remove the gross jetted tub, and replace it with a non-jetted tub and put cultured marble around it and reno the shower to be cultured marble as well. The other decorator wants to make our bathroom more useable and she wants to take the jetted tub out and not replace it but make the bathroom space more useable. Our concern is the resale value of not having a tub. I contacted our realtor who said as long as you have another tub in the house (we do but it is your basic tub/shower) for families who want to bathe their small children, then that would be a good idea to give the bathroom more wow power upon resale. On the other hand I have had a few people say that would not be good for resale. We live in a community in North Florida where it is a mix of all demographics, i.e. families/seniors/empty nesters - if it was families only then I would probably say keep the tub - but not sure otherwise. Your input on this would be appreciated.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!