SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann_elizabeth_gw

2 year old master bath being gutted...please help!

ann-elizabeth
16 years ago

Hello,

I recently purchased a brand new beautful home and, unfortunately, the builder did not hot mop the shower pan in the master bath correctly, along with some other issues, which has caused a major leak in my bath. My bath was a beautiful limestone, travetine with irridescent glass tile bath with huge glass enclosed shower, kohler jetted tub with travertine surround, two pedestal sinks and a cabinet. Because the subfloor was completely soaked through 2 layers and 3 types of toxic mold were discoverd, we have had to gut the entire bath to the studs (did I already say IT WAS ONLY 2 YEARS OLD !!!! ), do the mold remediation and start all over. Now I get to design the bath myself. I am going to get rid of the pedestal sinks and build in much more counter space. I have a few questions. First, my Kohler tub is great, but too short for me (I'm 5'11") so now is my chance to get a really long tub. I found a Bainultra I like, but know nothing about them. Are they considered good quality?

Secondly, where can I sell my sinks and tub? All Kohler, used for 2 years but in good condition. I live in the Los Angeles area....

Thanks

Ann

Comments (8)