SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Numerous computer problems today - gmail, updating superantispywa

lynnalexandra
14 years ago

Hi. I'm having several computer issues today and I'm not sure if they're related to each other, related to the newest firefox browser update - or a coincidence. Honestly, I've been so submerged with dd's slumberparty, pet's getting mite infestation and other time consumers that I'm not quite sure of the timing of the firefox update and other issues. But here they are:

right now, I tried to update superantispyware - I get a blank box (with a small empty white box in the larger box). The blue line at the top says superantispyware free edition (not responding). When I try to close it - either by hitting "x" or alt-control-delete, it says "this program cannot be closed because it is locked by the system." What does that mean it is locked by the system. How did it get locked? How can I unlock it? I just did the update on my daughter's computer with no problem - so it seems to be my computer having the issue. (Oh yeah - dell inspirion 530 - windows xp, firefox browser).

Also tried to update AVAST. I was able on my daughter's computer. On mine, I hit update - and nothing happened. No locked screen - just no indication that anything was getting updated.

Gmail problem - and this has happened more than once in the past couple of weeks, but I can't recall specific times and whether this occurred before or after FF update. Sometimes when I try to send mail, gmail freezes and says I am timed out and need to log back into my account. However - I am logged in - and the top of the screen gives me the option to sign out (suggesting that I am signed in). I usually leave my computer on, with firefox browser and gmail opened in a tab. But this problem has occurred when gmail has been opened a long time - and when I've just turned the computer on and opened firefox and gmail.

Any thoughts? I'll go try and update other programs now and see what happens.

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (19)