SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Problems with Microsoft Office 2003 Update

I've been having numerous 'issues' so decided to first get my Microsoft updates, since I don't want them to be automatic. I checked the box for the recommended (maybe it was Express) ones and 3 downloaded and installed just fine.

One failed. It is Microsoft Office 2003 KB2289187.

Right now the update page (in IE) says "Download size (total): 0 KB *

Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *

(*Downloaded; ready to install)

It has failed to install numerous times.

In looking under add/remove programs and also under 'All Programs' I don't even see that I have Microsoft Office 2003. Is that the same thing as Microsoft Office Viewer 2003, which I see I have under Add and Remove. I see there are also a couple of Office 2003 Security updates under that Microwave Excel Office Viewer 2003.

Under Add and Remove I see I also have something called Microsoft Office Powerpoint Viewer 2003. hmmm...so is the Office update I'm having problems with maybe for that?

Please don't assume I know 'anything much' about computing and dumb it down for me. Like start with 'start' or something.

tia

Sue

If it is too complicated, I may just say to heck with it, at least for now.

Well, I found this on line in some FAQ.

"Do I still need to get updates from Office Online or use Office Update?

No, if youâÂÂve installed Office 2003 or Office XP products. If you use Office 2000 products or if your computer has a per-user installation of Office products, you should still get updates from Office Update.

Regardless of which version of the Office products youâÂÂve installed, if you like to download fun or useful add-ons such as templates, clip art, and other media for any version of Office, you still need to go to Microsoft Office Online. "

I do have Windows XP, but what do they mean by XP products? I'm lost. I have Word Perfect Office 11. Is that an XP Product? I don't understand why it is telling me that I 'need' that update when it looks for updates.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio