SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jellyben_gw

Too small for a master bathroom?

jellyben
16 years ago

Our home has a horrible master bath layout-we currently have a large dressing area(7.5x9.5) that has a wall of closets on one side and a vanity on the other, and then beyond the vanity is door leading to a small(3.5x8!) bathroom with a shower, toilet and vanity. We were wondering how feasible it would be to turn the bathroom into the closet and the dressing area into the bathroom. Is 7.5x9.5 enough room for a master bath with shower, tub, toilet and vanity?(Two doors would of course limit the floor space) Is the cost of moving all that plumbing astronomical?

Another option, which I think would be more costly, would be to reconfigure the master bath, hall bath and a guest closet to make a bigger master bath(but would probably sacrifice the guest closet)

Is it a good idea to bring in a few contractors and see what options they can come up with? We have only been in the house a month but already know this setup is the pits! We are in Northern Virginia, which I imagine is a costly place for such projects, so I don't know if we are in a position to do this now(I really have no clue what this would cost) Any advice is appreciated!

Comments (2)