SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baglady2

When do you NEED Pro-Style Appliances?

baglady2
15 years ago

Live in community that has a small community center/clubhouse max capacity 150. It has have limited use over the years but we are thinking about marketing it a bit more to the general public. It's not a swanky place, but not a VFW either. Think sofa-ridden living room with a large wood bar area and a dance floor (i think it was converted way back in the 50's from some sort of saddle club)....and a pretty decent kitchen with professional steel shelving, lots of counter space, commercial ice maker.

I'm looking for opinions from a caterers point of view. Do we HAVE to invest in Pro-Style equipment? I'm under the impression most caterers do the intense cooking in their own kitchens and transport in warmers, etc. and do the final prep work on site. Am i wrong?

We currently have plans for a higher end stainless consumer stove/oven with warming drawer, Refrig that opens in the center and has space for 4-5 large trays and the freezer on the bottom which we thought could be turned down if more storage was needed.

It's a lot about long-term operating costs (we have limited funds)........do they cost more to run? do they need more repairs and are those more expensive than Consumer grade? I know we don't have a ventilation system now.

Also, it's not always caterers using the facilities.....we have avg citizens using the equipment. Will pro-style be a problem for them to use? I.e., complicated if they're not great chefs? Should i be concerned from a liability/accident standpoint?

:)

Comments (12)