SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beanwabr

2 questions: flash drive & burning

beanwabr
15 years ago

What exactly is a flash drive? My step mother in law mentioned that she had one but didn't say too much other than she puts her pics on it. If that's the case, could you erase your pics (like mine are in Kodak EasyShare) afterwards to free up space on computer? Can music files be put on it too? Is it like something to use to back up your files then you could put it back on your computer (or a different one) when or if needed?

Never done this before but I had considered trying to burn pics/slideshow to a cd for my mom for Mother's Day. She doesn't have a computer but does have a dvd/cd player that I got her a couple of years ago at Christmas. But that wouldn't work would it? I mean, you need a computer to be able to play that? My Windows XP does not have a dvd burner; but does have a cd burner, which the last time I tried using that (Roxio) for making a music cd, it would keep looking like it's working then would just quit saying something was wrong with the disc I was using (new ones)...ended up giving up on it.

Thanks for info!

Comments (6)